Tailgating Hatch Chile Party Chili
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2 Tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Melissa’s Perfect Sweet Onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bottle porter style beer
- ¾ pound ground beef
- 2 Hatch peppers, roasted; peeled; seeded; diced
- ¾ pound beer brats, casing removed
- 2 (14.5-oz.) cans whole tomatoes
- 3 packages Melissa’s Steamed Kidney Beans
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsps. chipotle chile pepper powder
- 1 ½ tsps. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
HOW TO MAKE IT
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Add the onions, bell peppers, celery and garlic.
Cook until heated through and onions are translucent.
Add ground beef and beer brats.
Once the meat is cooked, stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
Garnish with your favorite chili toppings and serve.
Makes about 6-8 servings.