Herb Chicken, Vegetables and Idaho® Baby Potato Kabobs
- 18 (approximately 1 pound) Idaho® Baby Dutch Yellow Potatoes, scrubbed and cut in half
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed and cut into 18 wedges
- 2 medium onions, cut into 18 wedges
- 2 medium red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 18 wedges
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into 18 (2-inch) pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place potatoes in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave on HIGH for 4 to 5 minutes or until just barely tender, avoiding overcooking.
- Divide evenly and thread cooked potatoes, vegetables and chicken pieces onto each of six metal skewers, alternating potatoes, vegetables and chicken, if desired.
- Combine olive oil, oregano, rosemary, garlic powder and sea salt in a small bowl. Pour approximately half of olive oil mixture into a separate bowl and set aside. Brush kabobs with remaining half of olive oil mixture.
- Place kabobs on prepared grill. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Remove from grill and place on serving platter. Brush cooked kabobs with remaining olive oil mixture using a clean brush before serving.
Recipe via Idaho Potato Commission