Hatch Pepper Polenta Fries
You’ll find this recipe easy to make for satisfying your Hatch Hankering anytime of the year.
- 1 package Organic Hatch Pepper Polenta
- 5 cups of Vegetable/Canola Oil for frying
- Salt for sprinkling
- Heat oil to 350F degrees
- Cut Polenta chub in half and slice lengthwise.
- Slice those squares into French fries.
- Place polenta fries in oil until golden brown and crispy, be careful not to let fires stick together in oil.
- Transfer to paper towel lined dish and sprinkle to taste with salt.
To prevent oil-soaked fries, it is better to fry in smaller batches and maintain the high heat. Allow the temperature to rise again to 350F prior to adding your next batch.
To reheat fries, lay on a cooling rack over cookie sheet and place in 325F heated oven. Bake until heated through, about 10-15 minutes. Microwaving is also an option, but will not re-crisp the fries.
Cook time: 10 Minutes
Servings: 3-4 servings